|Embark on a captivating discovery of Japanese culture, art, gardens, food and more. Your guide will take you on a tour of a unique Japanese exhibit, educate you about Japanese culture and the Florida-Japan connection, or take you on a mesmerizing tour of one of America's top Japanese Gardens. Conclude the tour on our lakeside terrace where you can enjoy pan-Asian cuisine at the Cornell Café or stop by the Museum Store where you can shop for Japanese and Asian inspired accessories for the home and garden.
Tours and luncheons are available for groups of 15 to 50. They may be scheduled Tuesday-Friday based on availability. A complete tour including lunch takes approximately three hours. Luncheon tours begin at 11:30am, tours without lunch begin at 12:30pm. Reserve today at 561-495-0233 ext 210 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guided Group Tour
- Your group will be met by your docent tour guides upon arrival.
- Learn about the past, present and future of The Morikami Museum with a short film.
- Take a docent-guided tour of the Exhibition Galleries, Seishin-an Tea House, Donald B. Gordon Memorial Library, and an introduction to Roji-en: George D. and Harriet W. Cornell Japanese Gardens.
- OR, a 1-1 1/2 hour docent-led walking tour of the entire garden. We recommend that you come to the museum in comfortable shoes. We would like everyone to enjoy the solemnity of the Japanese Gardens. The pebbled walkways are wheel chair accessible with several benches along the way. Florida has strong sunshine and unpredictable rain, which might prohibit a garden tour. If this is the case, we will have to provide a gallery tour instead.
- Add the lunch option - Enjoy a delicious luncheon of pan-Asian food prepared by master chefs from our museum’s famous Cornell Café. To add the lunch option to your tour, please make arrangements with the Cornell Café at 561-495-0233 ext. 219.
Self-guided Group Tour
- Your group will appreciate the tranquil, self-guided portion of our Japanese gardens nearly 7/8ths of a mile winding through bridges, ponds, waterfalls, overlooks with majestic vistas, garden gates, meditative stops with benches, rock accents, stone lanterns, ceramic tile ornaments, and other historic and decorative points.
- Discover our rare Bonsai collection; an impressive outdoor display that includes specimens which are three and four hundred years old. Samples of tropical bonsai blooming in their respective seasons will delight and surprise.
- Feed our colorful koi and view the variety of wildlife that visit our turtle island.
- Visit the Yamato-kan - This replica of a Japanese villa features an exquisitely simple courtyard garden, an exhibition chronicling the history of the Yamato Colony and featuring our new permanent exhibit Japan Through the Eyes of a Child.
- Shop the Museum Store which features unique and authentic gift items from Japan, Asia and local master artisans, jewelry, lacquer ware, pottery, dolls, toys, books, note cards, CDs, incense, kitchenware, clothing, Japanese snacks, origami and bonsai supplies.
A Japanese-style bento is a beautiful, lacquered and compartmented serving dish with a delicious sampling of:
Chopsticks Included (Chef may vary menu due to availability of items). To add the lunch option to your tour, please make arrangements with the Cornell Café at 561-495-0233 ext. 219.
- EGG ROLL, ASSORTED SUSHI (COOKED)
- MARINATED STRING BEAN SALAD
- VEGETABLE DUMPLING, PORK DUMPLING
- CELLOPHANE NOODLES
- EGGPLANT WITH GARLIC SAUCE
- CHICKEN TERIYAKI OVER RICE
- RED SHRIMP AND GOLDEN TOFU
- JAPANESE CAKE ROLL
- ICED TEA, HOT TEA
Arrangements for individuals with special needs must be made in advance. Please advise if special assistance is needed for anyone in your group at least one week before your tour.
Map & Directions
Click here to see a map and obtain directions. A printer friendly version is also available.
Bus and automobile parking is convenient to both The Morikami Museum and the Yamato-kan.
Tour Only - $12.26 per person + tax.
Pay at the door, please make checks out to: Board of PBC County Commissioners
To add lunch to your tour - Contact the Cornell Cafe at 561-495-0233 ext. 219.
$16.00 per person (to be paid to the Cornell Cafe). Price includes luncheon, tax, and tip.
Please Note: Contact the Cornell Cafe today to make lunch arrangements for you group, at 561-495-0233 ext 219. A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required for group lunch orders. Payment in full is due seven (7) days prior to the tour. Make checks out to: Cornell Cafe.
To make reservations for your group:
- Call our group tour representative at (561) 495-0233 ext 210 or e-mail us at email@example.com
- Booking a minimum of one month in advance is required. (For spring dates, several months advance notice is needed)
- For Lunch reservations please call 561-495-0233 ext 219