Join Our Professional Team
MORIKAMI MUSEUM STORE SALES ASSOCIATE
Part-time Seasonal Sales Position
We are seeking a high-energy individual for immediate employment to assist in the Museum Store as a sales associate. This is a seasonal position with the opportunity for occasional employment throughout the year.
This position requires:
- A passion for excellence
- Prior retail experience
- Competency in operating cash register and computer system
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all transactions, paper work and money handling
- At least 1 weekend day and two additional days per week (up to 22 ½ hours per week) - flexibility in scheduling is preferred
- Availability to work at each of our three festivals, and occasional evening events throughout the year
- Daily stock replenishment and inventory counts as directed and needed
- Ability to unpack and pack merchandise as required, and assist in ticketing and organizing merchandise.
- Desire to learn about a wide variety of merchandise and how items relate to Japanese culture, as well as the ability to communicate this information to our customers
- Ability to assist customers with selecting merchandise and offering suggestions during the shopping experience
- Communication with our customers, visitors and co-workers in a friendly, professional way on the phone and in person
Please note that this position requires the candidate to be able to stand for a 7 ½ hour shift, as well as climb stairs and ladders, bend, stoop and lift boxes (at least 25 pounds)
Those interested in being considered for the position should email a resume to email@example.com
No telephone calls or walk- ins.