Join Our Professional Team
GUEST RELATIONS & MEMBERSHIP ASSOCIATE
Part-time Position (24 hours per week)
Under the guidance of the Development Manager, the Guest Relations & Membership Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service to museum members and visitors by answering general inquiries and having extensive knowledge of the membership program, facility and other guest services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serves as the membership expert knowing all information pertaining to the museum’s membership program.
- Provides courteous and professional service to museum visitors that want to become a member and functions as the point of contact for members who have questions about their existing membership.
- Provides overall general information to visitors regarding museum programs, facility rentals, and events and refers other inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Uses database program (Raiser’s Edge) to look up membership information, print membership cards and provide assistance with membership renewals.
- Assists membership department as needed.
- 3 day work week, 24 hours– weekends mandatory, 1 weekday is flexible, with some evening events throughout the year. (Exhibit Openings and Sushi and Strolls)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Windows & Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook. Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Strong computer literacy & willingness to learn various industry-related software programs.
- Excellent leadership capability & customer service skills
- Must be organized, proactive, reliable and work efficiently
- Ability to use good judgment, remain flexible and work under minimal supervision
- Experience working with a membership organization or non-profits a plus
- Clear understanding of how data is an integral part of the Membership Office and passion for maintaining clean, consistent & accurate data.
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- A strong dedication to the mission and culture of Morikami
- A personal commitment to maintain a collaborative work environment
- High ethical standards
- Diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
Morikami Museum is an equal opportunity employer and provides attractive compensation to the successful candidate.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Sharyn Samuels, Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, or walk-ins PLEASE.