Join Our Professional Team
FACILITY RENTAL COORDINATOR
Part-time Position (20-30 hours per week)
The Facility Rental Coordinator serves as the onsite coordinator and museum representative for most rental events and aids the Facility Rental Manager in the promotion and sales of our facility for weddings, corporate events, private fundraisers, private dinners, parties, etc. The position plays a critical role in customer satisfaction through outstanding service. This position reports directly to the Facility Rental Manager and must work effectively with other Morikami staff including administrative, maintenance, development, finance, education and curatorial departments.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinates all aspects of large private facility rentals (weddings, private parties, corporate functions, etc.) including contracts, vendor suggestions, client interaction, rehearsals, and day of event coordination
- Ensures that museum rules and regulations are upheld during events, and that proper safety and lighting provisions are planned for in advance and properly executed during the event
- Facilitates sales and coordination of smaller daytime ceremonies in the Gardens, reservation of private photo sessions, and serves as on-site contact during the event
- Works in conjunction with the Palm Beach Film and Television Commission to secure private film sessions on property, and serves as the on-site contact person during the event
- Assists with audio - visual needs for private events
- Provides professional and courteous service to all potential customers and contacts
- Pursues and schedules appointments to meet with potential business leads for wedding and event opportunities
- Completes and sends contracts to potential clients upon request
- Follows appropriate accounting procedures to record payments
- Responds to and follows up on all leads and contacts established via phone or internet including
- Updates photos and information as needed on advertising sites such as The Knot and Wedding Wire
- Continually helps to assess menus, facility, and services to make recommendations to management as to how they can be improved based on feedback from guests
- Performs clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating
- Performs related work and special projects as directed
- Adheres to a high standard and expectation regarding Morikami’s appearance and overall general impression as received by museum patrons
- Must possess superior customer service as well as oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity and sense of professionalism
- Exhibits good judgment and independent decision making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and have the ability and willingness to learn various industry-related software programs
- Able to acquire new skills in event related computer software programs
- Flexible schedule - must be able to work nights and weekends
- Must be able to manually lift 40 lbs. and use a hand-truck or dolly to move equipment
- College experience required and event planning skills preferred
Morikami Museum is an equal opportunity employer and provides an attractive compensation package to the successful candidate.
No telephone calls or walk- ins, please.
GUEST RELATIONS & MEMBERSHIP ASSOCIATE
Part-time Position (24 hours per week)
Under the guidance of the Development Manager, the Guest Relations & Membership Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service to museum members and visitors by answering general inquiries and having extensive knowledge of the membership program, facility and other guest services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serves as the membership expert knowing all information pertaining to the museum’s membership program.
- Provides courteous and professional service to museum visitors that want to become a member and functions as the point of contact for members who have questions about their existing membership.
- Provides overall general information to visitors regarding museum programs, facility rentals, and events and refers other inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Uses database program (Raiser’s Edge) to look up membership information, print membership cards and provide assistance with membership renewals.
- Assists membership department as needed.
- 3 day work week, 24 hours– weekends mandatory, 1 weekday is flexible, with some evening events throughout the year. (Exhibit Openings and Sushi and Strolls)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Windows & Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook. Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Strong computer literacy & willingness to learn various industry-related software programs.
- Excellent leadership capability & customer service skills
- Must be organized, proactive, reliable and work efficiently
- Ability to use good judgment, remain flexible and work under minimal supervision
- Experience working with a membership organization or non-profits a plus
- Clear understanding of how data is an integral part of the Membership Office and passion for maintaining clean, consistent & accurate data.
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- A strong dedication to the mission and culture of Morikami
- A personal commitment to maintain a collaborative work environment
- High ethical standards
- Diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
Morikami Museum is an equal opportunity employer and provides attractive compensation to the successful candidate.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Sharyn Samuels, Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, or walk-ins PLEASE.