Join Our Professional Team
The Accounting Associate works with the Controller to serve as the principal on site accounting and financial officers of the institution. The position plays a critical role in maintaining accurate and complete financial records, and ensuring that financial targets are met for a non-profit 501[c]3 corporation. They must work effectively with other Morikami staff including administrative, maintenance, development, finance, education and curatorial departments.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Process A/P and A/R for non-profit company promptly, efficiently, and accurately.
- Reconciles a variety of accounting records, revenue and expense information.
- Participate in the Monthly Close process as directed by the Controller.
- Processes and enters all invoices into the financial software system, as well as reviewing and following up on payments and delivery.
- Demonstrated strong Accounting/Finance analytical skills preferred.
- Assists in the financial coordination of large private facility rentals (weddings, private parties, corporate functions) - contracts, money collection, and refunds.
- Assist with maintaining Point-of-Sale system - Microsoft Store Operations.
- Strong professional ethics, integrity, and work ethic.
- Professional deportment, outstanding attendance and adherence to company policies and procedures required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required.
- Three years experience in bookkeeping or related work; or any equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- Three years experience with Sage 50 (Peachtree) accounting software required.
- Must possess superior customer service as well as oral and written English communication skills.
- Must be able to work four weekend Special Events per year, and five evening special evening events per year.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have the ability and willingness to learn various industry-related software programs.
- Experience in retail or sales desirable.
The Morikami Museum is an equal opportunity employer and provides an attractive compensation and benefit package to the successful candidate.
Please send resumes complete with cover letter to Don Blackman at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.